1. BORROWING/ RETURNING RULES
- Borrowers are required to show member / staff / matric card when borrowing library materials.
- Any library material is not allowed to be taken out the library before it is recorded by the Library Officer.
- Borrowed library materials must be returned on or before the required date / time.
- Users must ensure that the record for the returned book has been canceled before leaving the Circulation Counter.
- The period of borrowing books is according to the user's loan eligibility. However, the library may set different loan periods depending on the type of material.
- All users are required to return all overdue loan materials and pay all fines before they are allowed to make the next loan.
- Loans on behalf of other users / using other users' cards are not allowed.
2. LOANS RENEWAL
- Borrowed library materials can be renewed for the loan period unless the material has been reserved by another user.
- Loans can be renewed at the Circulation Counter or online through the KOHA WebOPAC library catalog (online renewal can only be done twice only).
- Users can make reservations if the required library materials have been borrowed by other users.
- Materials can be reserved online through the KOHA WebOPAC library catalog.
- Users need to check from time to time whether the material has been returned to the library. Checking process can be done through the library catalog (OPAC) - Patron Access. Library materials that have been reserved will be hold for 7 days starting from the date the material is returned to the library. Reserved materials can be picked up at the Circulation counter by providing information on the call number or title of the material. After this period, the material will be placed back on the bookshelf or loaned to another user.
- If the same book is reserved by several users, priority will be given to the first reservation.
4. OVERDUE BOOKS
- Borrowed books must be returned latest by the set return date or earlier than that date if the book is recalled by the librarian.
- It is an offense if the user does not return the book by the specified date. The library will send a notice via email for overdue loans. The library is not responsible if the notice does not reach the user for any reason.
The fines imposed on library members who return books late are as follows:
- 20 cents a day for a book
- 20 cents for an hour for each book from the Red Spotted Book Collection / Malaysian Agricultural Collection / Thesis Collection / Project Report Collection.
6. BOOKS RECALL
All library materials borrowed by the user are subject to recall from the library and must be returned by the user upon receipt of recalled notices.
7. LOSS AND DAMAGES
- Users are fully responsible for borrowed library materials. If a borrowed material cannot be traced or is lost, an immediate report must be made at the Circulation Counter, User Services Division as further action need to be executed.
- Users will be responsible for paying for or replacing materials that are lost / damaged while the materials are in their loan or used in the library.
- If the material consists of a set / series, the user is required to pay / replace the entire set / series.
- Lost or damaged materials for which payment is made must be according to the market price with a service fee or replace the book with the latest edition and hardcover (if any) with a service fee.
8. STEALING OR DAMAGING LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Suspended from using all library facilities
- Imposed fines
Updated:: 12/10/2022 [khairul_zul]