• Borrowers are required to produce Membership Card, Staff Card or Student Matric Card if they wish to borrow library materials.
• No item may be borrowed on behalf of another person and the use of other person membership card is strictly not allowed and library membership is not transferable.
• Library materials must be recorded by the library staff before taken out of the library.
• Library materials on loan must be returned or renewed on or before the due date.
• Users are to check that the items returned are properly cancelled from the loan records before leaving the circulation counter.
• Loan periods vary according to the category of library users and the type of materials borrowed.
• Fines will be imposed on overdue library materials and users are not allowed to borrow any materials until the fines are cleared.
• Loans can be renewed, if the item is not in the waiting list or reservation
• Renewal can be made at the Library Circulation Counter or via Virtua Online Library Catalog (OPAC). However renewal through online can only be renewed twice and the following renewal must be made at the Circulation Counter.
• If an item is on loan, users can reserve it through the Virtua Online Library Catalog (OPAC). Users must regularly check the status of the item through the "Patron Access module" in OPAC System. Priority will be given to the first person who made the reservation and this will be followed by the subsequent person in the waiting list or reservation list.
• Item returned will only be kept for one week and if it is not collected by the person who made the reservation, it will be eventually shelved and can be borrowed by other library users. Reserved item can be collected at the Circulation Counter by mentioning the call no. or title. to the staff on duty
Overdue Library Materials
• Library materials borrowed must be returned or renewed "on" or "before" the due date. All loans may be recalled at any time, if the materials are urgently required by the library for some reason.
• It is an offence if library materials are not returned on time. The Library will send an overdue notice via email. However it is the responsibility of the users to return the materials with or without the notice issued.
• Fines for overdue items are currently charged as follows :-
- 20 cents for each day of late return
Red Spot Collection, Malaysiana Collection, Thesis Collection and Project Reports
- 20 cents for each day of late return
All fines are required to be paid in cash at the Library Circulation Counter.
• Recalling of Library Materials
All material on loan may be recalled at any time, if the materials are urgently required by the library. Notices will be issued to users for the items recalled and users are to adhere to the library request.
Liability of Lost or Damaged Library Materials
• Users are responsible for the library materials borrowed. Lost or damaged library materials must be reported promptly at Counter 3 of the Library User Services Department.
• Payment for physical replacement are required for the lost or damaged materials on loaned or used in the library premises.
• If the material is part of a set or series of materials, the users are required to pay or replace for the whole set or series in the specified collection.
• Payment for the replacement will be in accordance to the current market price or new or latest edition price and hardcover(if applicable). Final charges will include processing charges deemed necessary or appropriate by the library.
Penalties for Theft, Vandalism or Deliberate Destruction of Library Materials
• Barred from using all library services and facilities.
• Penalties and fines will be imposed.
• Users names will be displayed at the UPM Notices Boards.
• Barred from using all university facilities
• Dismissal from the university.
Updated:: 12/05/2016 [nor_haliza]
Sultan Abdul Samad Library Universiti Putra Malaysia 43400 UPM Serdang Selangor Darul Ehsan
Ask a Librarian: Online Chat