Library users are subject to the UPM Constitution, Statutes, Rules and Regulations made under it, as well as subject to disciplinary rules under the Statutory Bodies (Discipline and Surcharge) Act 2000, and any other provisions that come into force from time to time. Users must comply with the rules set by the Library to protect common interests and to enable the Library to exercise its functions as best as possible.
• Users must be attired appropriately and behaved decently while in the Library.
• Users must display their ID cards upon entering the Library.
• Eating, drinking (except plain water) and smoking are strictly prohibited in the Library.
• Theft and vandalism of Library materials / properties are serious offences and offenders will be subject to severe action, penalty, disciplinary or otherwise, by the University.
• Mobile phone must be put on silent mode while in the Library. Users are only allowed to make and receive calls in the designated room provided by the library.
• Users who photocopy materials are fully responsible for any infringement under the Copyright Act 1987.
• The library will not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of personal belongings.
• Umbrellas, helmets, etc. are not allowed to be brought into the Library.
• Users are not allowed to reserve seats in the Library. Library staff have all the rights to remove unattended items left more than 30 minutes.
• Studying, eating, and sleeping are not allowed in the prayer room.
• Users are not allowed to use any Library space as a place to live or sleep.
• Obscene or indecent act is strictly prohibited in the Library. The library has the rights to ask users whose behaviour may be deemed as disturbing the peace of the library to leave the premise.
• The Library is not open for children below the age of ten (10).
• The buzzer is ring fifteen minutes before closing time and all users must vacate the premise.
• When leaving the Library, all users are required to produce for inspection all books and items taken out of the Library.
• Using other users' library membership cards are not allowed. Users must use their own staff/student cards to borrow library books.
• The library staff shall reserve the right to request a user to leave the premise if the user violates or disregards the above-listed rules.
• The Chief Librarian is empowered to withhold Library privileges for any infringement of these rules.
• The Chief Librarian may amend the Library Rules and Regulations as and when necessary.
* A student shall not contravene any instruction or requirement of the University Librarian, a member of the library staff or other library employees in respect of the use of the library, its books and other facilities in the library [UNIVERSITIES AND UNIVERSITY COLLEGES ACT 1971 UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA] (DISCIPLINE OF STUDENTS) RULES 2005
Updated:: 06/06/2023 [syafini]
Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.