How do I apply for library membership?

All UPM staff and students are automatically members of UPM Libraries. Non members who wish to use the library may apply for external membership. For queries pertaining to membership, you may call the Membership Counter at 03-97698631 during office hours.

How many books can I borrow with my library card?

The loan entitlements for the various categories of membership: Please click here

What should I do if I want to continue using the library upon completion of my studies?

UPM alumni can join the library to continue using its facilities. Membership subscription fee is RM100 per annum. A normal rate for non alumni is RM200 per annum.

How to access Articles and Journals subscribed by the Library

Go to the library website and click on the “EzAccess” icon.  You may also go direct to Ezaccess portal For more information please refer to our FAQs

How to access collection of theses and dissertations of public and private universities in Malaysia

You can visit the Malaysian Theses Online (MyTO) Portal via the URL

I'm having trouble accessing EzAccess Portal

You can contact the librarian by emailing

What should I do in the event of a loss or theft of my staff/student/membership card?

Please report the loss or theft of your card immediately to the Library. The report has to be made in-person at the Membership Counter. We will block your account to prevent any misuse. You will be responsible for any misuse of the card during the period that the loss/theft is not reported. If the card is subsequently found, pleae come personally with your card and request the Library to unblock your account. In addition to reporting to the respective offices to obtain a replacement for lost card.

What happens if my loan is overdue?

When books on loan are not returned by the due date, fines of 20 cent per item per day are imposed after the due date of the book.

How do I check my fines?

Please log in Patron Access in KOHA Library Catalogue (WebOPAC)

How do I pay my fines?

You can pay your fines by cash at the Circulation Service Counter of the Libraries. Please request for a receipt after making the payment.

How do I report the loss or theft of my library book?

You can report your loss or theft to the Membership Counter. Please note the following conditions:
1. On the date the report is made, patron will given one month time to search for the book.
2. If the loss book is alreasy overdue on the date it was reported lost, the calculation for overdue fines will stop on the report date.
3. After the one month period is over and the book is still not found, the patron has not to replace the book or make full payment of the costof the book. In addition to that, the patron also needs to pay overdue fines accuring to the book. i.e. fines from the due date to the date reported lost. If you are reporting by telephone, please call 03-97698631. You must subsequently come to the Library to make written report. Please note that loss of a book through theft does not absolve you from payment for the loss.

I have damaged a library book

Please report the damage to the Circulation Service Counter staff when returning the book to the Library. The staff will survey the extent of the damage to ascertain whether you need to pay the damage.

How to book a Discussion Room and usage guidelines?

UPM staff or students who wish to place bookings for a discusion room are allowed to place same-day walk-in request.

What is an Inter Library Loan?

Inter Library Loan or as it is known as Document Delivery Service (DDS) are requests for materials not available in your home library. If PSAS does not own a book or journal from which an article is required by a user, our DDS unit can get it for you from another libraries.

Can the library help me with finding information for my research?

Yes. Sultan Abdul Samad Library does provide such a service which is called Literature Search Service. you need to complete the Literature Search Service form and send to Reference Division, First Floor, PSAS with a deposit. Search will be done by librarian at the division. This service is chargeable and opened to all customers.

What is the difference between General Collection and Reference Collection?

The General Collection is textbooks of every discipline that can be borrowed are placed. The Reference Collection is reference materials such as Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Indexes, Abstracts, Directories, Almanacs and Bibliographies are placed. They are for the purpose of reference only and cannot be taken out of the library.

How to Access UPM eTheses

You can browse the UPM eTheses Portal via the URL This portal is only accessible through EzAccess Portal. User are advised to use the Google Chrome browser to browse this Portal.

Library Operation Hours?

As the operation hours may vary from time to time, please click for further details. 

From time to time, you may also check the Library Website, Facebook or library notice boards for any revision of hours for holidays will be announced through these channels.

What is self-service checkout?

Self-service checkout enables you to do checking out of books using self-check machines provided in the libraries. This is to avoid lineups at the circulation service counter.

What is the procedure for notifying a change in my residential/email address?

Library members are required to inform the Library of any changes in thier residential or e-mail address. You may inform us of the change in address by coming in-person to the Membership Counter or you may call us at 03-97698631 during office hours.

Updated:: 06/05/2020 [muizzudin]

Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor Darul Ehsan
03-9769 8642
03-9769 4747